- Compact footprint for use in a small room.
- Work surface elevated for comfortable use of keyboard & mouse while standing (with guitar strapped on).
- Computer CPU elevated so that a vacuum cleaner can go under.
- Enclosed sides to help contain CPU fan noise.
- Includes a storage drawer.
- No particleboard.
- Looks nice.
I chose cherry wood and decided to do a simple rail, stile and panel construction for the sides and back, with an edged plywood top. The CPU shelf will be thin solid lumber.
A gap at the back will allow cables out to items at the floor level (power, audio monitors) and a grommet at the top will allow cables up to the video monitor (wall-mounted) and Digi 003 interface.
I've drawn it in CAD and started construction. Right now, all that's left to build is the drawer. Photos will follow soon.